Pizza Stuffed Shells
These pizza stuffed shells are pasta shells filled with three kinds of cheese and pepperoni (substitute veggies or another protein if pepperoni isn't your thing!), then baked to perfection in tomato sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 24 jumbo pasta shells (cooked according to package directions)
- 5 ounces of mini pepperoni (or desired topping)
- 16 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the pizza sauce in an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Place 1/2 the pepperoni, the ricotta cheese, 1/2 the mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Fill each shell with the ricotta mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and pepperoni over the top of the shells.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Make ahead instructions. Fill the shells and place in the pan on top of the layer of pizza sauce. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and pepperoni. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted.